Due to the possibility that Kiawah Island may not allow cart rentals any longer, we are not taking reservations past February 1, 2019 at this time.
Having a rental cart in Kiawah is a privilege and if the rules are not followed, we will no longer be able to provide them. This is a concern for you as well as my family business, so please follow the rules! Failure to adhere to these rules will result in us taking the cart back from you with no refund of the remaining rental time. It may cost Lightning Bugz the ability to do business as well.
ALL regular automobile driving and parking laws apply!
- Stay off of Kiawah Island Parkway and Governors Drive if at all possible! If you do find you must drive on it, please use it as minimally as possible and pull over to let cars pass you.
- DO NOT HOLD UP TRAFFIC ON ANY OF THE ROADS.
- No driving on the bike paths, golf course paths, beach accesses or the beach.
- Everyone must be seated in a seat and using seatbelts, just like a car.
- When driving the cart, you must display the car pass you received when you entered the Resort! Put it in the zipper pouch provided.
Lightning Bugz Rentals offers Kiawah Island Golf cart rentals! Technically, they are Low Speed Vehicles which are street legal and enable them to be used inside and out of the Resort!
Your cart (LSV) will be delivered between 12pm-6pm and picked up between 8am-11am according to the dates you put on the reservation form! You do not need to be present for delivery or pick-up of the cart.
Electric cart rental, fully charge the cart the night before scheduled pick-up date or incur a $100 fee.
Gas cart rental, refuel the cart by 8am on the pickup date or incur a $50 fee. We provide you with a small gas can to use of you don’t want to drive to the gas station at the front gate your last day or night of the rental.
Weight, heat, cold and speed are all determining factors on the range of an electric cart. We see around 16 miles on a fully charged cart. 100 miles on a gas cart!
VILLA AND CONDO RENTALS
Villa and condo rentals are not usual locations for electric cart rentals but now that we have gas powered as an option, we are all good! IF you go ahead and rent an electric cart though, you need to verify there is a location to charge the cart. There will be NO REFUNDS for these rentals if you are unable to charge the cart.
|8Pax electric LSV||6-8pax GAS LSV|
JET SKI RENTALS ARE AVAILABLE MAY-AUGUST! Click for here details!
- Full payment is required upon making your reservation.
- You must cancel 30 days prior to arrival for a full refund.
- Any damages will be charged to the credit card on file.
- All Prices subject to change without notice. Reservations subject to availability